ChapStick lip balm is the classic lip balm, which has been going strong ever since its launch. In fact, it’s become such a popular brand that it now stands as the generic term for all lip balm products. But when people say chapstick, it’s more than likely they’re talking about one of this brand’s multiple sub-brands.
The most popular of the ChapStick varieties is probably the cherry – even Katy Perry referred to it in her song ‘I Kissed a Girl’, so, it’s fair to say it’s a huge hit for lip balm lovers the world over.
“I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it, I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it
It felt so wrong, it felt so right, don’t mean I’m in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it, I liked it”.
ChapStick has come along way since its original product launch. The firm favourite is now available in a range of different formuals to suit all lip needs. These include :
- ChapStick Overnight Lip Treatment which nourishes and conditions lips as you sleep, awakening to softer, smoother lips come the morning
- ChapStick Medicated, which contains menthol, camphor and phenol to soothe sore lips and hydrate dry, stinging lips with its cool touch
- ChapStick Moisturizer which has an added SPF 15 which protects from damaging UVA/UVB rays and softens at the same time
- ChapStick 100% Natural which has all natural ingredients, combining herbal essences and aloe vera extract to soothe, soften and heal
- ChapStick Fresh Effects which offers a cooling sensation, punchy citrus flavours and lots of moisturizing ingredients
- ChapStick True Shimmer which delivers a subtle, moisturizing shine which is perfect for those who prefer a more natural, sheer look for colored lips
- ChapStick Classic, which comes in all the favorite flavors, including original, cherry and now strawberry and peppermint too.
- ChapStick Moisturizer in a special Pink Ribbon pack to raise awareness of breast cancer and support research into finding a cure
- Chapstick Ultra 30 which offers very high protection from the sun, and includes aloe and vitamin E for enhanced moisturization as well as a pleasant lemon-lime flavor
- ChapStick FlavaCraze, which is a super fruity taste sensation available in grape, fruit and blue varieties and so delicious it will probably get licked off the moment it’s applied
- ChapStick Peppermint which delivers a cool sensation as well as super moisture and nourishment, a refreshing, light protective formula
- ChapStick Ultra Smooth, a new product in this lip balm family which includes antioxidants, red plum and cranberry seed oil and comes in four varieties – Fortify, Nourish, Rejuvenate and Soothe.
So, with all kinds of varieties to suit all kinds of lips, there seems to be a ChapStick type for everyone, even lip balm for men!. And whichever kind you choose, you can be sure they all nourish, soften and protect.
ChapStick is an extremely affordable lip balm brand and is available nationwide, from drugstores to beauty outlets and supermarkets. It’s neat, lightweight packaging makes it essential in any handbag, desk drawer or glove compartment. So, which one will you use?
Lip Protection 9.5