Every girl and woman loves their calf boots … but finding a pair of extra wide calf boots is a bit harder than it is for most girls. Most calf boots are about 14 to 15 inches in circumference which doesn’t accommodate for those of us with wider calves. The truth is though, that there are actually a whole lot of super duper cute calf boots available online for wider calf girls.
Some more good news is that they are often very affordable too!
Boots for wide calves can have serious style
Even girls with wider calves want their boots to be stylish … luckily there is a wide selection of extra wide calf boots including:
- Etienne Aigner Chip Wide Calf Riding Boots
- Easy Spirit Lynskeyw Wide Calf Boots
- Boutique 9 Dacia
- Madden Girl Bumerang
- Enzo Angiolini Asterisk
- Nine West Devendra
- David Tate Bronco
- Naturalizer Juletta Wide Calf Riding Boots
- Naturalizer Ora Wide Shaft Boot
- Manitobah Gatherer
- Clarks Ingalls Delaware
- Cole Haan Jodhpur
- Frye Melissa Button
- Naturalizer Ilaz
- Franco Sarto L-Clint2
- Jessica Simpson Beatricy
- Frye Jane
- Blondo Viviane Extra Wide Calf Boots
Here Are Some Tips For Measuring Your Calves
- Use a soft flexible measuring tape.
- Sit down and make sure to keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Make sure to measure both calves at their widest point, to see if one is wider than the other. If so, you want to use the larger size when looking for wide calf boots.
Tips When Shopping For Extra Wide Calf Boots
- Make sure you use the larger size if both your calves have a different measurement
- Try your extra wide shoes on before you purchase them
- If you want to be able to tuck in your jeans into your boots, make sure to add an extra inch or half inch to the circumference of the boots you choose.
- Look for wide boots in specialty shoe stores, or stores that cater to curvy “plus” sized women.
- Don’t go cheap! You will get a lot more out of a good quality pair of boots than you will a cheaply made pair. It may seem as though you are saving money by buying a cheap pair, but in the end you’ll end up spending more when you have to buy another pair next season!
- Once again in case you didn’t get that … BUY QUALITY BOOTS like the brands listed above!
- Start your search early … it can be hard to find just the right pair of extra wide calf boots, so the earlier you start the better. You want to make sure you have them BEFORE the season starts.
With all of that said above, it’s not really that hard to find wide or extra wide boots that are comfortable, high quality, cute, and stylish.
You may have to look a bit harder than the average girl but hey … you’re not average now are you! Try them on, visit different stores, ask your friends, shop around, and you’ll find the boots you’re looking for. I just know you will especially if you follow the tips outlined above.